Sunday 15 August 2010

Last stop: Singapore


Stood on my balcony last night with my manager John, a cold beer, an incredible view of the Singapore skyline and celebrated my first #1! What a moment.



The Youth Olympic Games theme song – Everyone – was last night crowned #1 top of the charts in Singapore. All the artists involved in the song were representing the continents they came from:


Myself – Europe

Sean Kingston – North America

Jessica Mauboy – Oceania

Jody Williams – Africa

Tabitha Nauser – Asia


Working with the other artists has been really enjoyable, for me a very different but wonderful experience. It’s a shame Sean couldn’t make it for the opening ceremony but sharing the stage with the other 3 beauties was still incredible, and not to mention the fact that there was 1.5 billion people watching it from around the globe! The ceremony was an absolute spectacle. Thousands of people were involved, thousands of man-hours had been invested and not to mention the amount of coin that no-doubt got pumped in to truly making it a big deal.



This whole experience with the YOG song has also given me a charming little introduction to the Singapore music world and it’s nice seeing things develop for me over here as it’s a country that I very much look forward to coming back to. The streets are spotless and the people are ever so courteous, to think that 200 years ago this place was just a mere fishing harbour is quite something.


So, I think this blog concludes my trip to The East as a massive success. There literally hasn’t been one single day that’s gone passed in the last few weeks that hasn’t been full of excitement, adventure and splendour. From shows on the beach, festivals in the sun, wild nights and time travelling flights this Asian expedition will go down in my books as one of the best yet. For those who have read the blog posts and followed me along the way I hope I have enlightened you as I have enlightened myself on how great these places are if you didn’t already know.


So I will do my best to continue to blog throughout the rest of my journey through music, it’s quite nice putting thoughts into words, memories into paragraphs, for me it’s kind of like re-living it all over again. But right now I start the real last leg of the trip, 10 hours in the sky from Singapore to London, back to my new house in which my new lounge doubles up as my new studio! The second album is starting to fall in to place like never before… can’t wait for you guys to hear it hopefully on CD and on stage!


Until next time you beauts x







8 comments:

  1. Steve hope you have a safe trip back! I loved when the sun comes up! Can't wait for your new album to come out(:

    I can't believe you left so fast, I didn't even get a chance to meet you):

    Come back soon alright dear!

    Love Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations:D!! Btw,how is John?haha
    I saw the opening ceremony on the Internet! Performance was wonderful!! You are so cool!! Had a good time:)?? I'm waiting for you in Japan! Please come back to Japan early...:( much love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it's the girl who painted you the teapot card

    We waited at the hotel for 6 hours today, why didn't you show?

    I hope you got the black card, we were just so miserable and desperate to say a short goodbye to you I really can't bring myself to say anything happy now - but have a safe flight, aight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve! Greetings from Singapore!

    Hope you had an awesome time here! Do have a safe trip back to London, yeah! Do come back to Singapore when you have a tour! :D P.S: I can't wait for your next album! GO STEVE.

    Cheers.
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve! Never got the chance to see you in person but hopefully in the near future i will! So excited to hear more of you soon. You should update your twitter coz your fans there are just dyinggg for more of your updates! Haha

    We love you, Steve. See you soon again?

    - Reeka <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey steve! i hope you had an awesome time in singapore! my 2 friends and i saw you preparing to leave for the performance when we went into fairmont hotel to ask for directions yesterday. of course, we were pleasantly surprised. you look great in person! keep the music going :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i missed my chance to meet you when you were in Singapore :( you did great at the YOG opening ceremony, i go to london this mid november for vacation, got any shows then? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steve, I am sorry I missed the chance to catch you when you were here in Singapore! My 3 year old daughter is a HUGE fan. She's been asking me if I can write to you to let you know she is a fan and would love to have a chance to say hello in person. Well..I guess its goodbye for now then! Will get her your albums! =)

    ReplyDelete